Authors should prepare a PDF file following the IEEE single-space, two-column format using at least 10 point size type. The paper must be correctly formatted to fit on A4. The paper should not exceed 10 pages including figures, tables & references. The paper must be submitted in PDF format via Easy Chair.
Templates and requirements for manuscripts are available here.
Deadlines are indicated here.
Note: The organizers reserve the right to not include a paper to the Proceedings if the conference registration fee is not paid or if the paper is not presented on the DVM2020. A paper without registered authors after September 06, 2020 will be withdrawn.
Final manuscript submission
The DVM2020 has been registered for use of IEEE PDF eXpress Plus. All articles submitted for inclusion in the DVM2020 must adhere to the IEEE Xplore PDF specification for compatibility. IEEE PDF eXpress Plus is a free service to IEEE conferences, allowing their authors to make IEEE Xplore-compatible PDFs (Conversion function) or to check PDFs that authors have made themselves for IEEE Xplore compatibility (PDF Check function). If a final manuscript is not compliant with PDF eXpress Plus, it will not be included into the proceedings submitted to IEEE Xplore after the Conference.
Steps for the final manuscript submission:
1. Verify that your paper is created using the Conference templates – see Manuscript templates. The PDF file should be prepared according to the IEEE PDF specification. The page numbers will be inserted by the proceedings producer. So please make sure not to number your pages. Do not insert any footers or headers. Do not use any PDF security features in submitted PDF files, i.e., they must be fully accessible and editable by the proceedings producer for numbering and other production purposes.
2. Proofread and check layout of manuscript (it is highly recommended that you do this BEFORE going to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus).
3. Create IEEE PDF eXpress Plus account (see „Procedure for PDF eXpress Plus log in“ below).
4. Upload source file(s) for Conversion; and/or PDF(s) for Checking.
5. Use IEEE PDF eXpress Plus to attain IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s). The site contains extensive instructions, resources, helpful hints, and access to technical support.
6. Submit the electronic IEEE Copyright Form (eCF). According to the IEEE policy the contact author of each paper accepted for presentation in the DVM2020 has to submit the IEEE Copyright Form. Note that without this document your paper cannot be submitted for indexing in the IEEE Xplore® database.
Go to submit the electronic IEEE Copyright Form (eCF) (the link will be added later)
7. Submit the final, IEEE Xplore-compatible PDF(s) to the DVM2020 via your Easy Chair profile. Please DO NOT change the file NAME generated by PDF eXpress Plus. Please note: uploading a paper to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus is not the same as submitting the paper to the Conference DVM2020. You will still need to upload the checked PDF with final manuscript and copyright form to Easy Chair.
Procedure for PDF eXpress Plus log in
1. Go to IEEE PDF eXpress Plus Site: http://www.pdf-express.org/plus Conference ID: 49764XP
2. For each conference paper, click „Create New Title“
3. Enter identifying text for the paper (title is recommended but not required)
4. Click „Submit PDF for Checking“ or „Submit Source Files for Conversion“
5. Indicate platform, source file type (if applicable), click Browse and navigate to file, and click „Upload File“. You will receive online and email confirmation of successful upload. If you have your final manuscript in LaTex you might need to upload archive including all support files like images etc.*
6. You will receive an email with your Checked PDF or IEEE PDF eXpress Plus-converted PDF attached. If you submitted a PDF for checking, the email will show if your file passed or failed
IEEE PDF eXpress Plus converts the following file types to PDF:Rich Text Format, Freelance, (La)TeX (DVI and all support files required), PageMaker, FrameMaker, QuarkXpress, Word Pro, Microsoft Word, WordPerfect.
*For documents created in formats that do not embed source files, include all support files with the final manuscript in a folder. Put this folder in a compressed archive for submission. If it is possible to embed images in the source document, you should do so to avoid potential issues, such as missing graphics.
IMPORTANT: A DVI (DeVice Independent file) is required for LaTeX conversions, in addition to all associated image files. Make sure that your LaTeX system can output a DVI, otherwise it cannot be converted. Be sure also to check that your images are properly referenced, and that DVI can handle the image file types used (DVI does not handle some newer image types, such as *.png).
Disclaimer: The organizers can leave out a paper from the final proceedings submitted to IEEE Xplore in case it is not presented on the conference.